senior architecture - system technical manager
purpose of your role
the position is for an experienced senior architect. senior architects assume responsibility for architecture oversight and technical leadership during the course of systems development projects. help lead the vision and strategy for apac technology group. deep architecture experience, strong communication and solid technical skills are a must have. individual must have proven capabilities to understand the business drivers and risks, explain complex technical concepts to senior business leaders as well as the ability to have deep technical discussions with other architects and technical teams. this is a strategic role that will help realize the businesses goals, while mitigating risks and facilitating rapid innovation to achieve a competitive edge.
the candidate is expected to display professional ethics in his/her approach to work and exhibit a high level ownership within a demanding working environment.
• build relationships and trust with key business stakeholders to understand business strategy and future needs
• define and maintain architecture standards and principles for the enterprise
• recommend and participate in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the enterprise architecture objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives
• champion and enhance the enterprise technology strategy along with supporting policies and best practices
• define the standard methodology, responsibilities and deliverables that capture the details of every level of architecture
• establish and share architectural best practices and lessons learned
• evolve/update the enterprise architecture based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions
• ensure ongoing alignment of technical and business strategies based on changing business and technology drivers and risks
• collaborate regularly with peers and representatives from each line of business
• ensure that solution architects understand the enterprise architecture and are producing deliverables that are compliant with the enterprise architecture, it standards and principles
• research solutions and emerging technologies on the market for particular technical requirements and business needs
• ensure that solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable and aligned with the enterprise vision
experience and qualifications required
• experience of working in it systems development as an architect.
• at least 10 years’ experience on j2ee/.net development
• advanced knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks and patterns
• strong foundational background in application development/solution architecture on large or complex systems
• strong ability to establish standards and provide enterprise architecture governance across a large complex organization
• advanced knowledge of cloud architecture patterns and strategies (including iaas, paas, security, compute, storage and messaging)
• experience defining and implementing cloud adoption and migration for existing on-premise solutions
• strong knowledge of application development processes, devops, and agile methodologies.
• strong knowledge of data management and database development technologies and processes including logical data modelling techniques.
• ability to tailor content and delivery to different audiences - business or technology, executive or individual contributor.
• ability to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical management and staff.
business / interpersonal skills
• delivery and results focused.
• well presented with good communication skills.
• able to prioritise own activities, work under pressure.
• team player.
• business english is required.